Let’s start with a prayer from our friends as sacredspace.ie:
Lord, help me to be fully alive to your holy presence.
Enfold me in your love.
Let my heart become one with yours.
Next I pray the rosary. Today it’s the Joyful Mysteries (Annunciation, Visitation, Nativity, Presentation, Finding Jesus in the Temple). You can follow this up with any personal prayers or petitions that you have.
Read the Catechism. I am currently reading 748 to 769.
Here are some Questions:
- When you think “The Church”, what do you think of? When you read about The Church, do you get a different idea? If so, how do the two ideas differ, and how can be reconciled, or made at peace with one another?
- What symbol, representing the Church, do you most associate with it, or which are you most attached to? Why?
- What does missionary work mean to you? How important is it? Do you do any? Why or why not?
Here’s what I pulled out:
- The Church exists to further the work of Jesus Christ. As a member of the Church, you are saying that you commit to becoming more like Jesus.
- God loves us and wants to share his depth, complexity and profundity with us. We must climb the mountian of faith with small steps. At times the ground is loose under our feet, and sometimes we fall, but the Lord, like the mountian, is always there.
- The Church is God’s reaction to man’s fall. Through the Church, man can find the Lord that is hidden by man’s sin.
- We face many trials in this life, but that is God’s plan. He wishes us to learn from them so we might be more like him.
Read the Bible. Gensis 12:1 through 18:33.
- Why do I read the Bible? What does it do for me?
- Concerning Gen 12:17-20, why was it allowable for Sarai to adulter? Or for Abram to let his wife do so?
- When God talks of decendents, does he mean physical descendents, or spiritual decendents?
- Gen 14:14-15. Why or why is it not okay for Abram to attack at night?
- Concerning Gen 16:2-4. Why does this action occur?
- Gen 17:9-14. What is the importance of God’s covenant?
- Gen 18:22-32. What does this teach you of God?
What I got out of it:
- Gen 12:3 “I will bless those that bless you/ and curse those that curse you.” This also means that when you bless others, God blesses you, and when you curse others, God curses you.
- Gen 12:7 “The LORD appeared to Abram[…]So Abram built an alter there”. When the God does something for you, you must do something for God.
- When you talk with God, and tell him your feelings, he can change his mind.
- God loves those who are upright, so be upright when you talk with God.
Closing. You may do this however you please. I like to do the rosary again, except focusing internally on my own prayers instead of the mysteries. Each person feels comfortable doing something different.
Please leave me your ideas on how you end your “Daily”, or other things that help you with the faith.
Tomorrow- Catechism 770-780, Bible 19:1-22:24