Opening prayer from SacredSpace:
Dear Jesus, as I call on you today I realise that I often come asking for favours.
Today I’d like just to be in your presence.
Let my heart respond to Your Love.
Pray the rosary. Today is The Sorrowful Mysteries (Agony in the Garden, Scouraging at the pillar, The Crowning with Thorns, The Carrying of the Cross, The Crucifixion).
Read the Bible. Today’s section is Gen 19:1 through 22:24.
- 19:8. Lot offers his daughters to the crowd. Why? Why is this okay for him to do when he doesn’t even know that the men in his home are angels?
- 19:26. Lot’s wife is turned to a pillar of salt. Why does the Lord do this?
- 19:30-38. Why are the daughters of Lot not punished for sleeping with Lot and bearing him children?
- 22:9. Abraham offers up his only son to God. How far would you follow God’s word?
Read the Catechism. Today’s section is paragraph 770 through 780.
- The Church is a visable society and a spiritual community. It’s purpose is to preserve the message of God, and to spread it among his people.
- The Church is as the bride of Christ. They are united as one and inseperable.
- The Church is an instrument of God, of Christ, of Salvation, and Unity.
Closing. Deepen your relationship with God however you are most comfortable. You can try the rosary again, or here’s a prayer for your thoughts:
O my God, relying on Your almighty power and infinite mercy and promises, I hope to obtain pardon of my sins, the help of Your grace and life everlasting, through the merits of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Redeemer. Amen
Tomorrow: Gen 23:1 – 25:34. Catechism 781-786.