Opening prayer from Sacred Space:
“Come to me all you who are burdened
and I will give you rest”
Here I am, Lord.
I come to seek your presence.
I long for your healing power.
Pray the rosary(Resurrection, Ascension, Descent of the Holy Spirit, Assumption, Corination), or praise God for what you currently have in your life, list as many wonderful things as you can.
Read the Bible. Today’s section is Genesis 23:1 – 25:34.
- Chapter 23. Why does Abraham demand to buy the land?
- Chapter 24. What does Rebekah’s kindness teach us?
- Why does the servant tell his tale before he eats?
- Chapter 25.Why does Jacob get his brother to swear him the birth right?
Read the Catechism. Today is 781-786.
- The People of God are not a race, they are multi-ethinic and multi-cultural, and God loves those who worship him.
- The People of God are owned by God, they come from all backgrounds and nations. People are not born into this family physcially, but are “born” into it spiritually through babtism.
- The life of The People of God is one of service.
Closing Prayers. You can say the rosary, or contemplate this quote:
O divine Lord, how shall I dare to approach you, I who have so often offended you? No, Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof; but speak only the word and my soul shall be healed.
Tomorrow: Gen 26:1-28:22. Catechism 787-796.